Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is a law enforcement agency responsible for persecuting and investigating financial crimes. Each year, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) welcomes new applicants through their recruitment process. However, before they assume any big responsibility, candidates must undergo certain training periods.
In this guide, I am going to explore in depth the allowance for trainees in EFCC and provide details on how to apply, including insight regarding the EFCC academy. Therefore, keep reading to enlighten yourself and learn more about EFCC and the trainee’s allowance.
EFCC Training Allowance
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is a law enforcement agency that aims to eliminate financial and economic crimes by focusing on prevention, enforcement, and coordination. Individuals who successfully pass the initial test will undergo training for a certain duration before becoming EFCC officials. Trainees undergoing training receive allowances from the agency, a form of financial support.
So, the question is, how much allowance do EFCC trainees receive? Trainees allowance who enter the commission with an SSCE qualification ranges from ₦15,000 to ₦25,000. On the other hand, trainees with a graduate degree earn an allowance ranging from ₦20,000 to ₦35,000.
So, EFCC trainee’s allowance depends on their level of qualification as well as the training program duration. Moreover, keep in mind that once trainees successfully complete their training program, they will be entitled to receive their salary, and the training allowance will be immediately cut off.
|₦15,000 to ₦25,000
|₦20,000 to ₦35,000
Training Duration For EFCC Trainees
Trainees undergoing training at EFCC have a certain training duration depending on their selected program. The training duration falls into two distinct categories; the first category consists of individuals who entered the services with SSCE, ND, and NCE certificates, while the second category refers to those who joined using BSC, HND, or equivalent, including Masters qualification.
Moreover, the training period for SSCE holders is about six months. On the other hand, candidates with HND or BSC qualifications are required to undergo one-year training.
|HND or BSC Qualification
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Academy
Candidates who have successfully passed the test for EFCC undergo training for a certain period in the EFCC academy. The academy is specifically designed to provide comprehensive training programs for commission staff, individuals from various law enforcement and security agencies, stakeholders in Ministries, Departments, and Agencies, as well as other anti-corrupt agencies.
Furthermore, the EFCC academy also offers multiple courses, including law enforcement studies, anti-corruption, cybercrimes, digital forensics, and forensic accounting. In addition, you can study in the academy for free since the academy operates on a complete tuition-free basis. Therefore, you can apply for the academy without worrying about cost.
Do you wish to apply for the EFCC academy? If so, let me explain to you in a few simple steps how to submit your applications. The instructions are as follows:
- First, open the web browser on your device and search for the EFCC official website. Or you can visit the EFCC academy application portal efcc.gov.ng/efcc/careers.
- Register yourself and fill out the application form. You will need to provide academic qualifications and submit other relevant documents, including birth certificate, SSCE/WASC, or NECO, first school leaving certificate, LGA identification, and guarantors form.
- The applicant must fill out the application carefully with all up-to-date details to avoid being disqualified.
- Furthermore, take note that the candidates must take the JAMB examination and meet the academy’s specified cut-off mark to be eligible to participate in the EFCC entrance test.
EFCC Recruitment Portal
Don’t know how to apply for EFCC? Do not worry; let me break the application process into a few simple steps:
- Visit the EFCC recruitment portal. Or you can directly clock on the link efcc.gov.ng/efcc/.
- Next, navigate to the career page (efcc.gov.ng/efcc/careers), which displays the job vacancies currently available.
- Register an account on the EFCC recruitment portal.
- Afterward, sign in to your account and review the fields within the application form.
- You have to complete the application form and fill out the details with authentic and up-to-date information. In addition, provide an authentic phone number and email address for communication purposes.
- After applying, the applicants have to wait for the shortlist to be announced.
In essence, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is an agency in Nigeria responsible for the eradication of financial fraud and crimes. Those who wish to apply for the EFCC have to undergo a certain period of training before becoming officials. Additionally, trainees undergoing training in EFCC receive allowances depending on their qualifications and training duration.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.