FAAN, or Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, is responsible for the smooth working of airports across the country. Currently, all of its departments are hiring actively across the board for mid-level, senior, executive, and management positions. The above-average pay packages and fringe benefits attract a lot of employees.
|FAAN (Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria)
|Monthly Salary Range:
|₦71000 – ₦263000
|Average Monthly Salary:
|FAAN employees are responsible for developing and managing safe, orderly, and funding-friendly airport services across Nigeria.
|Matrix and BS (for some positions). Preference is given to employees with a background in airport security, economy, or affairs handling.
Are you one of them and want to know more about FAAN salary? Keep reading this guide.
FAAN Salary Overview
Though FAAN is discreet about how it pays its employees, the gathered data suggest that above-average wages offer better job satisfaction. According to statistics, an average Nigerian FAAN employee earns around ₦195,00, with a 50% male and 42% female employee body. The organization is also categorized into departments, each having its own basic and high salary structure, which the federal agency has not yet disclosed.
There is a distinct system of bonuses and increments at the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, and the employees receive yearly incentives from the agency. According to registered staff, around 62% of the employees working in the organization enjoy these bonuses. FAAN also offers certain compensations (housing allowance, medical waiver, insurance, etc) to higher-level senior, executive, and management professionals.
FAAN Employees Salary Structure
The hierarchy of the employees at the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria is mostly dependent on the position you are placed in, aside from the basic entry-level federal pay scales. Each person placed within the hierarchy has a different set of duties to perform. Here is a breakdown of the popular positions at FAAN and their respective pay structure.
- Casual Workers are usually placed at the lowest level of the hierarchy at FAAF. Their average salary is anywhere around ₦71,000
- Mechanical Engineers are preceded by casual workers in the FAAF hierarchy. They have an expected salary of ₦95,000.
- Accountants are placed at a middle level on the salary structure at FAAF with an expected salary of anywhere around ₦184,000.
- Unit Managers come after accountants and make up the mid-level positions in the hierarchy. They have an average salary of anywhere around ₦210,000.
- Heads of Production are proceeded by Unit Managers, and they have an expected salary of anywhere around ₦263,000.
|Level of Hierarchy
|Salary Range (Monthly)
|Level 1/ Junior Staff
|Level 2/ Mid-Level Staff
|Level 3/ Senior Staff
|Level 4/ Executive Staff
|Level 5/ Management Staff
|Head of Production
- Note: Do consider that the organization has not formally made its salary structure and pay scale public, and the values are gathered by the employee’s reported salary.
Responsibilities of FAAN Employees
The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, or FAAN, is a federal agency responsible for managing commercial airports in Nigeria and providing air services to passengers as well as cargo airlines. The organization is divided into several departments, each having its own set of professional duties. That said, here is a breakdown of the organizations’ broader set of professional responsibilities to serve their mandate.
- Working with airport management to ensure the successful implementation of safety, personnel, and budget policies.
- Following the FAAN guidelines defined by the federal government.
- Using the state funding for due maintenance and improvements.
- Ensuring that the airport services meet the community (both passengers and cargo airlines) needs and requirements.
- Providing airline services to all commercial airports across Nigeria.
- Managing and optimizing the orderly safety of the economic operations of all air transports across Nigeria.
What is the minimum salary of a FAAN employee?
The base level minimum salary of any FAAN employee is anywhere around ₦71,000.
How much does an average FAAN employee earn on a monthly basis?
The reported average monthly salary of a FAAN employee is ₦195,000.
What is the maximum salary of a FAAN employee?
On average, the highest salary enjoyed by FAAN employees is anywhere around ₦263,000.
What does FAAN do?
FAAN, or Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, is responsible for developing and managing safe, orderly, and funding-friendly airport services across Nigeria.
FAAN, or Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, is recruiting actively across the departments with impressive pay packages. I hope this guide has been able to give you a brief overview of how much an average FAAN employee earns based on his/ her position in the organization hierarchy.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.