Are you interested in applying for the Nigerian Police Short-Service program? Then don’t miss your chance as the application window is open, providing a unique opportunity to contribute to law enforcement. The application process is simple and straightforward, that can be carried out in a few steps.
This guide will help you walk through the Nigerian Police Short-Service recruitment application process, offering step-by-step instructions and qualification criteria to ensure a smooth and successful application. Therefore, keep reading to not miss out on any important information related to the application process.
Police Short-Service Recruitment
There is no recruitment called short service in the Nigerian Police; instead, it is referred to as the Cadet ASP program. In contrast, it serves the same purpose as Short Service, the police force perceives it as the Cadet ASP program. This recruitment is specifically designed for fresh graduates aspiring to become a member of the Nigerian Police Force.
Therefore, if you are a graduate seeking to pursue a rewarding career in law enforcement, consider applying for the Cadet ASP program. Although it is officially known as the Cadet ASP program, many people call it the Police Short Service Recruitment. This same term is in line with the similar graduate programs in the Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Army, and the Nigerian Air Force.
This Police short-service program is a recruitment program conducted by the Nigerian Police to recruit qualified individuals for a shorter service duration compared to the regular service. Despite the varied titles, these programs share the common aim of providing opportunities for graduates to join the Nigerian Forces. Moreover, be aware that the Nigerian Police Short Service Recruitment differs from their regular police recruitment process.
Every individual has the opportunity to apply for the Nigerian Police Force and the application process can be carried out using a few steps. However, before applying, individuals must fulfill certain qualification criteria to increase their chances of success. Let me list them down:
Nigerian Police Short Service Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding with the application process, I will discuss the qualification requirements set by the Nigerian Police Force to seek appropriate candidates. You should fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a Nigerian citizen.
- You must possess a valid identification card.
- Prospective applicants should be within the age limit of 20 and 30 years at the time of submitting their application.
- You must have graduated from a university or polytechnic and hold either an HND or BSc degree.
- Applicant must have a minimum height of 1.67m for males and 1.64m for females.
- Female applicants should not be pregnant during the application process.
- Male applicants should have a chest measurement of not less than 86cm when expanded.
- You must not have any criminal records and should not have been convicted.
- Applicants should be in good physical, mental, and medical condition.
- Candidates need to have a minimum of five credits in O’ Level Examinations (GCE, WAEC, NABTEB, NECO), in not more than two settings. In addition, a credit in both English and Mathematics is also required.
Keep the above points in mind when applying for the Nigerian Police Short Service. Now, let’s proceed to the next step:
How Can I Apply For the Nigerian Police Short Service Recruitment?
The application process is easy, as long as you have a good internet connection and fulfill the eligibility criteria. Follow the provided steps to carry out the application procedure for Nigerian Police Short Service:
- Open the web browser on your laptop and search for the Nigerian Police Force Recruitment portal. Or you can click on this link https://alpha.policerecruitment.gov.ng/. Additionally, you can also visit the official website of the Nigerian Police Force npf.gov.ng/.
- After opening the recruitment portal, navigate to the “ASP Program” section to start the application process.
- Provide all the relevant details such as your personal information, qualifications, email address, phone number, and more. Keep in mind to provide authentic and up-to-date information to avoid any errors.
- After successfully submitting your application, wait for the release of the shortlist.
- If you are one of the fortunate ones and successfully shortlisted, you will be informed through notification. For any updates regarding the application, you can continue to monitor their recruitment portal.
In conclusion, the Nigerian Police Short Service program, also known as the Cadet ASP program, is particularly designed for fresh graduates aspiring to join the Nigerian Police Force. If you are planning to become a member of NPF, you must fulfill the specified eligibility criteria and submit a complete application form. The application process is easy; follow the instructions mentioned in the guide to successfully submit your application.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.