In the educational landscape, the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) plays a crucial role in providing quality education to all and providing equitable access to learning for everyone. In shaping the future of students and providing quality education to all, it is important to analyze the implementation of education at the state level. Thanks to SUBEB, which plans, coordinates, and monitors the delivery of quality education.
|SUBEB (State Universal Basic Education Board)
|Monthly Salary Range:
|₦21000 – ₦53000
|Average Monthly Salary:
|SUBEB is closely related to the educational setting, so they handle recruitment, appointment, promotion, posting, deployment, and maintaining the discipline of teaching and non-teaching staff in the primary school.
|Anyone who enters SUBEB must have a university degree and a national certificate of education.
One thing that fascinates many people is the SUBEB salary, which catalyzes positive change in the educational sector. This is why we are here today; in this guide, we will explore the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) salary structure that will help you understand the financial status of these professionals and ensure every child receives a quality education with a strong education foundation.
Overview of SUBEB Salary Structure
Understanding the SUBEB salary structure is essential to recognize the tireless efforts of these professionals in nurturing young minds and developing society. SUBEB is closely related to the educational setting, so they handle recruitment, appointment, promotion, posting, deployment, and maintaining the discipline of teaching and non-teaching staff in the primary school.
The minimum and maximum monthly income of an individual serving in SUBEB is ₦ 21K and ₦ 53K. As SUBEB is based on various education fields, anyone who enters SUBEB must have a university degree and a national certificate of education.
Multiple individuals work in SUBEB, from Education Officer to Education Chairman, serving different purposes in their job-related fields. From teaching staff to non-teaching staff, SUBEB handles all, and the average salary in SUBEB based on the SUBEB salary structure for various jobs is ₦ 38K.
Besides salaries, the education board also enjoys special holiday bonuses and other cash allowances that are paid with the salary. Additionally, they receive an annual bonus at the end of each year. No other bonuses or allowances are offered to the SUBEB members.
SUBEB Salary Structure
The State Universal Basic Education Board, just like other national departments, has various job posts on which qualified individuals rule. So here is a table of SUBEB ranks along with their estimated salaries that will provide you an insight into the SUBEB salary structure.
|₦ 70k to ₦ 100k
|₦ 80k to ₦ 120k
|₦ 120k to ₦ 150k
|Principal Education Officer
|₦ 150k to ₦ 180k
|Director of Education
|₦ 180k to ₦ 250k
|₦200k to ₦ 280k
|₦ 250k to ₦ 350k
|₦300k to ₦ 400k
Responsibilities of SUBEB
SUBEB plays a crucial role in maintaining the quality of education at the state level. The key responsibilities of SUBEB include the following.
- The board members are responsible for developing and implementing educational policies that align with the objectives and goals of the Universal Basic Education (UBE) program.
- Formulation plans for the execution of the educational programs by coordinating schools and local education authorities.
- Managing resources to enhance the effectiveness of educational programs. From financial to human resources, everything is managed by SUBEB for the educational programs.
- Construct, renovate, and maintain the school’s infrastructure to create a healthy learning environment for students.
- SUBEB also collaborates with educational bodies to develop or update curricula according to national standards and the specific needs of the state.
- Besides working on curriculum and learning institutes, SUBEB also recruits, deploys, and promotes qualified teachers to enhance education quality at the primary level.
- Also, they are responsible for developing monitoring mechanisms to evaluate the performance of a school, teachers, and other educational initiates to ensure the effectiveness of the education.
- Work towards the development of schools and educational institutes in rural areas to initiate making education accessible for every child.
- Initiating educational programs to make individuals aware of the importance of education. Mostly, SUBEB collaborates with government and non-government organizations to make these programs effective and enhance their outcomes.
- The most important role of SUBEB is managing the funds and finances to optimize its use.
- SUBEB appoints and deploys teachers, so their job also includes managing the data of each teacher, their appointment place, date, etc.
- Moreover, they work on policies that promote the welfare of educators and improve overall educational infrastructure and education quality.
How much are secondary school teachers paid in Nigeria?
The salary of a secondary school teacher depends on the institute and experience level of the teacher. Some private schools pay 30k NGN, while a government school pays up to 75k NGN to a secondary-level teacher.
How much is the salary of a primary school teacher in Nigeria?
A primary school teacher earns 25,000 NGN in Nigeria.
How much does the Lagos State government pay teachers?
The estimated pay of teachers at Lagos State is 75,000 NGN per month.
SUBEB plays a crucial role in driving educational development in a state by administering policy implementation, resource management, infrastructure development, and collaborating closely with various stakeholders. They are responsible for the enhancement of education at the state level. I hope this guide helps you understand SUBEB’s salary structure and the associated job responsibilities.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.