Someone who is working as a police officer in South Africa earns quite a handsome amount of money. The Metro police department is a full-service full-time police agency that has 297+ sworn Texas Peace Officers and more than 130 civilian staff members.
|Monthly Salary Range:
|R 8550 – R 29600
|Average Monthly Salary:
|Metro police officers work in a metro police department in South Africa and are responsible for maintaining the peace of the country.
|Minimum of grade 12 or equivalent
If you are interested in joining the police department in South Africa and are looking for the average salary of Metro police, you have come to the right place. The guide talks about the overview of Metro police salary, what is the average salary of a metro police worker in the South, his professional responsibilities, and the salary structure based on variable factors. Let’s, without wasting any more time, start with the guide below.
Overview of Metro Police Salary
The Metro Police Department has more than 297 sworn officers and around 130 civilian staff members. The average salary of a Metro police officer in South Africa is approximately R 18,600 per month. It is the average salary that includes transport, housing, and other such needs.
The salaries vary based on different factors like location, gender, and skills. The median salary that a police officer in South Africa earns is R 20,100 per month.
The amount tells us that 50 % of Metro Police officers in South Africa earn more than this, and 50% earn more than this amount. Let us now look at the extras, bonuses, and incentives the Metro Police officers in South Africa get.
Metro police officers get approximately an 8 % increment every 20 months in their service. Moreover, it is a low bonus job. Research says that 68% of the staff has not received any bonuses in their previous year of service, whereas 32% said that they have received one monetary bonus.
The salaries of Metro Police officers in South Africa vary based on different factors like skills, gender, and professional experience. Here, we will look at the differences in salaries of Metro Police officers in South Africa.
- Salaries of Metro Police officers vary a lot based on their experience. If a Metro Police officer has an experience of less than two years, he can earn approximately R 9,710 per month.
- Whereas the Metro Police officer who has experience of up to 5 years can earn approximately R 13,000 per month.
- Moreover, a police officer with experience of 5 to 10 years gets a total of an average of R 19,200 per month.
- The police officers with 10 to 15 years of experience earn 22 % more than the officers with up to 10 years of experience.
- Those with up to 15 years of experience earn an average of R 23,400 monthly.
- Police workers who have experience of up to 20 years earn approximately R 25,500 per month.
- Those with more than 20 years of experience earn approximately R 27,600 per month.
Salary Structure According to Education
Education also plays a vital role in depicting the salary of a person. Those with higher education get more enormous salaries. A police officer who has an education level of high school gets an average salary of R 11,100 per month.
Whereas those who have a certificate or diploma with them get an average of R 17,400 per month. This is approximately 57% more than those who only have a high school education level.
Salary Structure According to Gender
Gender also plays a vital role in depicting the salary of a person. Male police officers earn more than female police officers.
Those male police officers who are working in South Africa earn 12% more than female officers. They earn approximately R 19,600 per month, whereas female police officers earn R 17,600 per month.
Responsibilities of “Metro Police”
- Metro police is responsible for coordinating and developing the strategy for crime prevention in the city.
- The officers are responsible for developing the systems and delivery mechanisms for the application of law and order situations.
- They provide guidance and maintenance operations effectively and efficiently.
- They are also responsible for maintaining rules and regulations and law and order in the area.
What are the requirements that you should fulfill to join Metro Police in South Africa?
To join Metro Police in South Africa, you have to make sure that you are a South African citizen and you have an education of up to grade 12 or equivalent. You shouldn’t have any criminal record and should not be older than 35 years. Moreover, you should have a driving license and a medical certificate with you that tells you that you can do strenuous exercise.
What is the average salary of Metro Police officers in South Africa?
The Metro police officers in South Africa earn an average of approximately R 18,600 monthly. The median salary is equivalent to R 20,100 per month, whereas the minimum amount a police officer can get in South Africa is R 8,550 per month.
What are the qualities of a Metro Police in South Africa?
The Metro Police in South Africa are responsible and self-motivated. They have professionalism and sound judgment in them and are skilled enough to show discipline and courage in need. Moreover, they are respectful, honest, ethical, and knowledgeable to take care of the country.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.