NNeurosurgeons are professionals who deal with surgeries and operations related to the nervous system. It is a highly regarded profession under the list of highest-paid medical specialties. The average monthly salary of a neurosurgeon in South Africa with all the bonuses, tips, and extra payments becomes around R 3,604,039, which is quite a handsome amount.
|Monthly Salary Range:
|R 165761 – R 434912
|Average Monthly Salary:
|Neurosurgeons are responsible for performing assessments, diagnosis, prescribing treatment, and doing surgeries to deal with the neurological conditions of the human being. They deal with the health conditions of the patients that are related to the spine, brain, and peripheral nervous system and perform surgeries and operations to help patients live in the best, healthiest possible way.
Although it is an average salary, it increases or decreases based on your professional experience, the area you are working in, and what specialization you have in the field. Let’s look at the details below that shed light on the average salaries of neurosurgeons in South Africa, their professional responsibilities, and what is the salary structure based on different factors.
Overview of Neurosurgeon Salary
Neurosurgeons are the specialists of the medical profession who are involved in dealing with conditions via surgeries and operations that disturb the nervous system of the human being. This profession is one of the highest-paid professions in South Africa, in which you can earn an average yearly salary of R 3,604,039.
The values may differ based on professional experience and other factors, but keep in mind because the profession is one of the highly demanding professions, it can pay you a handsome amount of money for your work. Let’s look at whether you get any extra bonuses and tips for your job or not.
The average yearly salary of a neurosurgeon in South Africa, including all the bonuses and tips, is R 3,604,039. Bonus payments are made based on performance.
It has been estimated that the average yearly bonus of a neurosurgeon becomes around R 791,819 depending upon why and for what reasons they are giving extra payment. Moreover, if you work beyond your working hours and spend extra time, you are likely to get good overtime pay in addition to the base salary.
The minimum yearly income of a neurosurgeon in South Africa is somewhere about R 1,989,133, whereas the maximum monthly income could be up to R 5,218,945. While keeping in mind these, we can say that the average salary of a neurosurgeon, including all of the tips and bonuses, becomes R 3,604,039 per year.
It becomes around R 300,336 per month. Let’s look at the salaries of the neurosurgeons on the basis of their experience below.
- Those entry-level neurosurgeons who have not yet started their profession can make up to R 650,000 per year, including all the overtime pay, tips, and bonuses.
- Those who have started their career as a new surgeon, and it’s been only 3 to 4 years of them practicing neurosurgery, can earn up to R 874,088 per year.
- A professional with 5 to 9 years of experience in the field can make up a yearly salary of up to R 856,607.
- Those neurosurgeons who have more than ten years of experience in the field can expect an average salary of around R 1,100,000 per year, including all the bonuses and overtime payments.
- And those who have more than 20 years of experience can make an average yearly income of R 6,878,446.
Responsibilities of Neurosurgeon
- Neurosurgeons are responsible for performing operations to provide the treatment of neurological conditions.
- They are responsible for treating nervous system disorders spine, and brain problems via operations.
- Neurosurgeons are also responsible for diagnosing and providing surgical treatments for problems related to the central nervous system or peripheral nervous system.
- They are also responsible for treating trauma, tumors, vascular disorders, congenital anomalies, strokes, degenerative spine disease, or infections of the spine and brain.
- Neurosurgeon responsibilities as a neurosurgeon include operating microscopes when it comes to performing microsurgeries.
- They are also involved in creating teams of surgeons and coordinating the members and other assistants, including operating theater nurses.
- Neurosurgeons meet with the families of the patients they are treating and ensure they are satisfied and always up to date with the actual health condition of their patients.
- They are involved in performing assessments, diagnosis, and prescribing treatments, including conducting operations on patients who have problems related to the nervous system.
How much does a neurosurgeon earn in South Africa?
Being a neurosurgeon in South Africa is quite beneficial as the profession is highly regarded in the country. The average yearly salary, including all the extra payments and bonuses for neurosurgeons, becomes R 3,604,039. But just do not amaze yourself with the salary because the duties and responsibilities of neurosurgeons are pretty complicated and burdensome that they must have to fulfill.
How much does it cost to study neurosurgery in South Africa?
On the basis of research and facts and figures collected from different universities, it has been estimated that five-year studies of neurosurgery in South Africa can charge you up to R 162,125. That means you have to pay R 32,425 every year.
How many neurosurgeons are currently available in South Africa?
South Africa has 65 neurosurgeons, even though their population is 40 million at this time. That means one neurosurgeon is available for 620,000 inhabitants in South Africa. Alternatively, North Africa has 354 neurosurgeons, and according to the census, there is one neurosurgeon for the count of 338,000 inhabitants.
eurosurgeons are professionals who deal with surgeries and operations related to the nervous system. It is a highly regarded profession under the list of highest-paid medical specialties. The average monthly salary of a neurosurgeon in South Africa with all the bonuses, tips, and extra payments becomes around R 3,604,039, which is quite a handsome amount.
Article Modified on October 28, 2023. The data in this article is written and collected by multiple authors. Learn how we research on About Us.